Firefighters searching for survivors after explosion levels home

first_imgslidezero.com/iStock(CHARLOTTE, S.C.) — A man had to be airlifted to a local hospital after he became trapped underneath the debris left behind by a large house explosion in North Carolina on Tuesday.The explosion occurred in the wealthy suburb of Ballantyne, just south of Charlotte, leaving behind fiery rubble and over 80 firefighters scrambling to put out the fire and find any other survivors, the Charlotte Fire Department said on Twitter.“I just went out for a walk. I put my Beats on, and I walked right by the house. I walked on, maybe two minutes, and through my Beats, I heard a boom,” neighbor Lorie Porter told ABC Charlotte affiliate WSOC. “Something told me to turn around and walk back, and I started turning around, and all the neighbors started to run out of their homes. And there’s debris right where I had walked, and the house was just leveled.”Multiple people called 911 about the explosion and the ensuing fire, including the man who had been trapped inside, the fire department said, adding that he was able to lead them to his location.By Tuesday evening, firefighters had sawed through piles of wood and were using specialized listening equipment and confined space cameras to search for other possible survivors.It’s unclear what caused the explosion, which tore into the home next door, where two occupants were injured and later treated by medics on the scene. One other survivor had also been freed after they were found to be conscious and alert, the department said on Twitter.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Mötley Crüe, Poison, Def Leppard To Embark On 2020 Stadium Tour

first_img[H/T Rolling Stone] ’80s glam metal fans rejoice: Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, and Poison will link up for an extensive tour in 2020 according to a report by Rolling Stone. The three hitmaking rock acts have yet to officially announce dates or venues, but a Rolling Stone source notes that they will play stadiums nationwide.Of note, this marks a surprising change of tone for Mötley Crüe, who played 158 shows in 2014 and 2015 for their Final Tour. Prior to that tour, the band allegedly signed a “cessation of touring agreement,” which the band asserted was legally binding and prohibited them from ever playing together again once that tour ended. However, that document was never officially produced for confirmation to the media.“Legally, we can’t play again,” bassist Nikki Sixx claimed to Rolling Stone backstage at a 2014 show in Denver. “The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract. But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.”Related: Six Six-Packs Of Nikki Sixx Quotes“If anybody ever – and I don’t believe anybody ever would – would call any other band members and say, ‘Hey, it’s been 10 years, let’s just do 10 shows. A million a pop,’ it could never happen unless all four band members agreed,” Sixx continued “And if we did agree, the way we’ve set it up – including this conversation right now – we’d have so much egg on our face. We have so much pride that that alone would stop it.”However, Mötley Crüe picked up some steam in the public consciousness earlier this year with the release of the band’s new biopic, The Dirt, based on the tell-all memoir of the same name.Def Leppard remains a successful touring act. The band played a number of high profile gigs in 2019 including a headlining set at the new Exit 111 festival. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2019.Poison, while no longer an actively touring band, has performed with both Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe in recent memory. The Bret Michaels-led band’s last tour took place in 2017 alongside Def Leppard. On their next most recent tour, in 2011, Poison hit the road along with Mötley Crüe and the New York Dolls.UPDATE [4:00 p.m. EST]: Mötley Crüe confirmed the comeback tour in a statement shared to their website on Monday afternoon, which reads:“Almost 6 years after signing a Cessation of Touring agreement, the contract is off the table because a whole new generation of Crüeheads are relentlessly demanding for the band to come back together. Following the huge success of their NETFLIX biopic THE DIRT, Mötley Crüe has seen a massive surge in new audience. And the band best known for breaking the rules has destroyed their cessation of touring contract in true Mötley Crüe-fashion, by literally blowing it up.”last_img read more