Report Tim Tebow Refuses to Change Position

More Tim Tebow news has recently surfaced on the Web. The quarterback, who was released last week by the New England Patriots, refused to change his positions after another NFL team attempted to possibly sign him, according to a report.The report didn’t say which team expressed interest in Tebow.Tebow also reportedly refused an offer to play in the Canadian Football League. According to the source, Tebow would only return to the NFL if he’s given the chance to play quarterback.Tebow, who has seen great success in both the high school and college levels, said he will be in “relentless pursuit” of continuing his dream of being an NFL quarterback.As an NFL player, Tebow completed 47.9 percent (173 of 361) of his passes for 2,422 yards with 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions, and rushed for 989 yards and 12 scores. The quarterback’s best highlight as a pro, is perhaps when he led the Broncos to a win over the Steelers in a 2012 wild-card game, when he threw an 80-yard touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas in overtime. read more

Modric aiming to improve scoring form

first_imgLuka Modric vowed to improve his scoring form by shooting more often after his sensational strike to set up Real Madrid’s win over Al Ain in the Club World Cup final.The Croatian skipper completed a golden 2018 with the first goal in a 4-1 win for Santiago Solari’s side, who won the tournament for the third year in a row.It was also his first goal in a final for Madrid and the Ballon d’Or winner suggested he might go for goal on a more regular basis after his unerring 25-yard finish.“Everyone tells me I have to shoot more, although I usually prefer to pass,” Modric said to FourFourTwo via Real Madrid TV. “I should shoot more, it’s true.“It is an unforgettable year for me, a perfect year, winning the Champions League, then Croatia had a spectacular World Cup and then all these prizes arrived, now another trophy with Madrid.“A dream year, really. I can’t ask more.”FIFA Club World Cup FinalAl Ain 0 – [1] Real Madrid Modric 14′ pic.twitter.com/ty46ZxoN2GSergio Ramos, Real MadridZidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.— PLGoals (@PLGoals2) December 22, 2018“I am very happy to get the [man-of-the-match] trophy – more for the goal and more for the final we just won,” he said.“Now is when you look back and see everything you have worked and fought to achieve this. It’s time to enjoy it with family, friends – they are the ones who can stand you when things are not going well.“Dreaming, I dreamed it, but I saw it was very far away. It was very difficult, obviously, it was a dream, but I was not expecting to reach the first team and win finals like this.“We have worked on everything to achieve this kind of thing. I almost never score goals, so the day that goes by I get a little bit excited, it’s time to enjoy it and be happy.”last_img read more

Military judge frees Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher citing prosecution interference

first_img AP, KUSI Newsroom, Military judge frees Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher citing prosecution interference Categories: California News, Local San Diego News, National & International News, Politics, Trending Tags: Eddie Gallagher FacebookTwitter May 30, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (AP) — A decorated Navy SEAL facing a murder trial in the death of an Islamic State prisoner was freed Thursday from custody after a military judge cited interference by prosecutors.The unexpected move drew gasps from those at a hearing in a San Diego courtroom in which lawyers for Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher sought to get the case dismissed for prosecutorial misconduct.Gallagher’s wife, Andrea, who has led a campaign to free her husband, put her head in her hands and burst into tears.The judge, Capt. Aaron Rugh, has not ruled yet on whether to throw out the case or remove prosecutors over tracking emails sent to defense lawyers and a journalist in an effort to find the source of news leaks in the politically charged case. He said freeing Gallagher at this point would be a remedy for interference by prosecutors.Attorney Tim Parlatore accused prosecutors of a “rogue, relentless, and unlawful cyber campaign” that may have violated attorney-client privilege and hurt Gallagher’s ability to get a fair trial.Efforts to get the case thrown out come as President Donald Trump considers pardoning several service members accused of war crimes, including Gallagher. Gallagher faces trial June 10.Trump previously got Gallagher removed from the brig and transferred to better custody conditions at a Navy hospital.During the hearing Thursday, Rugh indicated he was kept in the dark by prosecutors about the email monitoring.Rugh said prosecutors had told him privately they planned to embed code in what he believed to be a court document to help them find the source of leaks. But he said he didn’t have the power to authorize such an investigative tool, and wasn’t told they planned to plant the code in emails to defense lawyers or a journalist.Rugh said he thought prosecutors were coordinating the investigation with the U.S. attorney’s office in San Diego. Rugh said he wasn’t aware that a federal prosecutor told the military prosecutor to make sure they had the judge’s approval before launching the tracking effort.Parlatore withdrew his motion to have the judge removed from the case after learning he had not authorized the scheme.The lead prosecutor downplayed the move at a related hearing earlier in the day. Cmdr. Christopher Czaplak said the code recorded nothing more than where and when email messages were opened by recipients that included a journalist for the Navy Times.Gallagher has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of an injured teenage militant in Iraq in 2017 and attempted murder for allegedly picking off civilians from a sniper’s perch.His platoon supervisor, Lt. Jacob Portier, is fighting charges of conduct unbecoming an officer for allegedly conducting Gallagher’s re-enlistment ceremony next to the militant’s corpse.Defense lawyer Jeremiah J. Sullivan III, who represents Portier, said there was no probable cause for the tracking effort, which was discovered in an unusual logo of an American flag with a bald eagle perched on the scales of justice beneath Czaplak’s signature.Czaplak said the tracking ended May 10 after he was confronted by defense lawyers and acknowledged the effort in a closed-door hearing. He disclosed no other details at the time.On Thursday Czaplak said the emails contained code similar to what marketers use to see when an email is opened and what device was used to open it.“It’s still a web bug and it’s still unethical,” Sullivan said.The judge in Portier’s case, Capt. Jonathan Stephens, said from what he had seen the tracking effort wasn’t able to view the contents of any emails.Several experts testified that the code embedded in a signature line in the emails collected information on internet protocol addresses and could tell what web browser was being used, the duration it was open and could see if the message had been forwarded. But the information couldn’t generally be used to identify a specific person or capture content.RELATED STORY: Judge does not rule on motions to dismiss charges in the case of Navy SEAL Eddie GallagherJosiah Roloff, a data forensics examiner from Spokane, Washington, said the code is typically used by marketing companies and he’s seen it used in undercover investigations. But he said he’s never seen it used to target defense lawyers.Gallagher’s wife posted a picture and some additional information to her Instagram page.The caption reads:LEGAL UPDATE ????Warning: READ TO THE END!!! ••After more than 5 hours of argument we will return tomorrow at noon to pursue motion to DISMISS. ????????‍⚖️••What we learned from the government is Connor McMahon has been ordered by his Marine command that he was not allowed to attend this hearing and that we should not expect to see him at any further court proceedings… #droppinglikeflies ???????????? ••We were also notified, from the witness stand by an NCIS investigator, that a criminal investigation into leaks of our civilian lawyers, other lawyers within the military on other cases, AND a member of the MEDIA~ is ONGOING, although they admit they have found NOTHING! So the prosecution has lied, continuously stating that it’s not ongoing. ????????••We have confirmed, as we have suspected all along, that almost every individual involved in the spying overseen by Commander Chris Czaplak is startlingly incompetent – or willfully ignorant.????????????••And finally, because the prosecution was UNABLE to produce necessary witnesses, AND because, as recognized by the Judge, the prosecution has VIOLATED Eddie’s 6th Amendment rights…EDDIE HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM ALL PRETRIAL RESTRAINT~ #FREEEDDIE ••We will continue to fight together as a family as it should have been all along!!!!! ????????????????????” Posted: May 30, 2019 Updated: 5:03 PM AP, KUSI Newsroom last_img read more