Nigeria suspends SIM card sales, registration Previous Article4YFN reflections with David McClellandNext ArticlePanel: Mobile World Scholar Challenge Nigeria Home Smile raises concerns over 9mobile sale MTN Nigeria payments access restored Related The reserve bidder in the sale of troubled Nigerian operator 9mobile, Smile Telecoms Holdings, voiced concerns about how Barclays Africa is handling the deal and sought a review of the bidding process.In January it was reported the auction had been won by investment company Teleology Holdings, which made an offer of around $500 million. However, Smile highlighted a discrepancy in the timing of the announcement, which came before a 26 February deadline.A two-page letter signed by Templars, the company’s solicitors, stated Barclays Africa must provide a “practicable with verifiable (and preferably third-party authenticated) proof” Teleology had satisfied all required conditions, to ensure transparancy in the sale.Barclays Africa pledged to contact Smile “to discuss any updates on the transaction, to the extent considered necessary.”A source told Nigerian daily Vanguard Barclays made the announcement of the winner in error, because it held a meeting with Teleology and Smile on 26 January and told them they had a month to raise their bids.The source added the winner will need to sign a Sales Purchase Agreement immediately and pay a non-refundable deposit of $50 million.9mobile was put up for sale after it defaulted on repayments on a $1.2 billion loan provided by a consortium of banks.In January, media reports stated Barclays Africa picked the highest bidder after four companies were shortlisted and Smile, with an offer of $300 million, was the reserve bidder.Smile is not the first to be concerned about the process. Airtel Nigeria, the fifth suitor shortlisted, dropped out of the running, because “too many things are hidden about the health of 9mobile”. MTN Nigeria mulls pricing change after bank row Saleha Riaz Saleha joined Mobile World Live in October 2014 as a reporter and works across all e-newsletters – creating content, writing blogs and reports as well as conducting feature interviews…More Read more Tags Author AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 06 MAR 2018
FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE ST. LOUIS RAMS WednesdayQB Johnny Manziel (right elbow) Practice Report CLEVELAND BROWNS WednesdayTE Gary Barnidge (ankle), LB Tank Carder (shoulder), DE John Hughes (knee), WR Marlon Moore (hamstring), LB Nate Orchard (groin), DT Danny Shelton (knee) Matt Loede LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE WednesdayS Tashaun Gipson (ankle), CB Joe Haden (concussion, finger), TE Rob Housler (hamstring), LB Craig Robertson (ankle), DE Randy Starks (not injury related), T Joe Thomas (not injury related) Practice Report The Browns and Rams took the practice field for the first time today in prep for Sunday’s 1pm showdown at the Edward Jones Dome. Practice was not yet wrapped up for St.Louis in time for the report, but the Browns did release their report.The three biggest names for the Browns were safety Tashaun Gipson, cornerback Joe Haden and LB Craig Robertson all were not on the practice field today with injuries.Here’s the complete practice report for the game from the NFL. Related TopicsBrownsJoe HadenNFL Week 7Rams WednesdayPractice Not Complete Matt Loede has been a part of the Cleveland Sports Media for over 21 years, with experience covering Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, the National Football League and even high school and college events. He has been a part of the Cleveland Indians coverage since the opening of Jacobs/Progressive Field in 1994, and spent two and a half years covering the team for 92.3 The Fan, and covers them daily for Associated Press Radio. You can follow Matt on Twitter HERE.
sarah perez Spotify has finally arrived in the U.S., the company announced this morning. But the full rollout is still underway. Interested customers are being asked to sign up for an invite on the company’s homepage, if they haven’t already done so.But regular (and fast!) ReadWriteWeb readers wanting to cut in line can get their invite now, no waiting.300 Invites: GO!But thanks to the folks at Chevy,* the first 300 ReadWriteWeb readers to click this link will get immediate access to Spotify, courtesy of a special invite code. First come, first serve. Tags:#music#news#web 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… Related Posts 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People… 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App Enjoy!And, as always, thanks for reading.*Note this is NOT a paid promotion, just a fun freebie
Romelu Lukaku scored twice, including a stoppage-time penalty, allowing Inter to overturn Bologna for a 2-1 victory at the Dall’Ara. Click here for the full match report. OR Follow all the action as it happens from this game and Torino-Juventus on the LIVEBLOG. Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/
Guardiola: Man City players produced marvellous responseby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City are again top of the table after a 3-1 victory over Everton.Gabriel Jesus scored his first Premier League goals since August, although City needed to work hard to gain the upper hand.The pressure eventually told in the 22nd minute when City capitalised on a poor Yerry Mina clearance.Everton hauled themselves back into the contest thanks to Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s 65th-minute header.But the hosts restored their two-goal cushion four minutes later when Fernandinho found an unmarked Raheem Sterling, who came on three minutes earlier, to head in from close range.“The players responded [to the defeat at Chelsea] in a marvellous way,” stated City manager Pep Guardiola.“Everton have top players. Today was tricky – a dangerous, dangerous game – especially with less than three days of recovery”They draw at Stamford Bridge and at Liverpool, it came down to the last second.“They have experienced players and it was something on our minds. The game wasn’t over until the end.“Of course, we can improve and do better. Spaces were there today but there was a problem with our process. After Hoffenheim, I’m very pleased.“Hopefully, we can improve. Spaces were there but we didn’t find them. Against Chelsea, it was more complicated to find them.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Ohio State fans are justifiably still giddy about their team’s College Football Playoff National Championship victory two weeks ago. One fan decided to show her support with a huge OSU-themed cake, and in the process, honored deceased Buckeye lineman Kosta Karageorge.Karageorge, a walk-on, went missing in late November, and eventually turned up dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He had suffered a number of sports-related concussions (he also wrestled at OSU) before his disappearance. He wore No. 53 during his time with the program.Here’s the photo of the baked tribute, from a fan named Arlena McCoy:@EzekielElliott Here’s the cake I made Saturday for, The Ohio State Buckeyes Football Team… pic.twitter.com/IOqc9xO8KB— Arlena M. McCoy (@McCoyArlena) January 26, 2015Pretty cool, and it’s good that the Buckeye faithful are keeping Kostageorge’s memory alive, even in atypical fashion.
As ESPN’s Dick Vitale has made us all aware, Duke vs. North Carolina is the best rivalry in the sport of college basketball. And with every great rivalry comes some aptly-timed trash talk. UNC’s student newspaper, The Daily Tar Heel, kicked things off right Wednesday morning, just hours ahead of tip-off at Cameron Indoor.In the weather section of today’s issue, you’ll find two shots at the Blue Devils. While it will be 36 degrees outside Wednesday, it still won’t be “as cold as Coach K’s heart.” Thursday, the sky will be the “right shade” of blue.from @dailytarheel. yup, the game is tonight. pic.twitter.com/Z5SwUiDNAk— Bomani Jones (@bomani_jones) February 18, 2015Given the fact that Coach K attended the late Dean Smith’s funeral, we’re not so sure about that first dig. Regardless, we hope Duke responds in some fashion.
The ASPCA (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)honored longtime event chair members and ASPCA volunteers Laura Zambelli Barket and Mindy Fortin as well as actress and animal advocate Cecily Strong last week at the ASPCA’s 21st annual Bergh Ball.Cecily Strong attends ASPCA’s 21st annual Bergh BallCredit/Copyright: Getty Images for ASPCAFashion designer Isaac Mizrahi returned as the Masters of Ceremonies, while Sam French kept the crowd dancing throughout the evening at The Plaza Hotel. Other VIP guests in attendance included, Nina Agdal, Arriana and Dixon Boardman, Mark Gilbertson, Wes Gordon, Jessica Hart, Gillian Hearst, Carolina Herrera, Orfeh, Andy Karl, Linda Lloyd Lambert, Luann De Lesseps, Mark Badgley, James Mischka, Chuck & Ellen Scarborough, Jessica Shyba, Brad Walsh, Veronica Webb, and many others.Jamie Niven hosted the live auction portion of the evening, which featured several high-end items and experiences, including a once-in-a-lifetime pet photo shoot by award-winning animal photographer Seth Casteel, which sold twice for $23,000 each. The Billy Joel VIP concert tickets with a meet-and-greet and signed vinyl, sold for $29,000.The ASPCA Bergh Ball, the cornerstone of the organization’s fundraising efforts honored Laura Zambelli Barket and Mindy Fortin with the ASPCA Compassion Award, which recognizes noteworthy individuals who have made outstanding contributions and commitments to animal welfare. Cecily Strong received the ASPCA Voice for Animals Award, which recognizes individuals in the arts who use traditional and modern media to increase awareness and inspire action on behalf of animals in crisis in the U.S.Sponsored by Delgatto, CBRE and Tito’s Handmade Vodka, the event, themed “Diamond in the Ruff,” featured décor design by David Beahm Experiences in collaboration with décor chair Robin Bell. Event Chairs in addition to the honorees for this year’s Bergh Ball included: Linda and Ben Lambert, Kim White, Amy Lau, Laura and Fred Tanne, Paige Nelson and Rob Wiesenthal, and Jeffrey A. Pfeifle. Associate Chairs include: Allie Rizzo and Scott Sartiano, Amanda K. Ruisi, Paul Arnhold and Wes Gordon, and Gillian Hearst.For over 150 years, the ASPCA has made groundbreaking strides to protect the lives of vulnerable animals across the country. By supporting and securing animal adoptions, animal health services, animal rescue, community outreach, field investigations, and legislative work, the ASPCA has helped countless at-risk animals live safer, healthier and happier lives.For more information about the 2018 Bergh Ball, visit www.aspca.org/BerghBall.
VANCOUVER – Postmedia Network Inc. has struck a deal with Indochino to provide $40 million of advertising to the custom clothier in exchange for an undisclosed portion of its revenue in the Canadian market.Postmedia’s print and digital brands include national and regional newspapers such as the National Post, the Vancouver Sun, the Ottawa Citizen and the Calgary Herald.As part of its agreement with Vancouver-based Indochino, Postmedia (TSX:PNC.B) will also have the opportunity to buy discounted shares of Indochino if the company goes public.It isn’t the first time Postmedia has exchanged advertising with a company for a cut of its future revenue.In 2016, Mogo Finance Technology Inc. signed a three-year agreement for at least $50 million of promotional commitments from Postmedia in exchange for a percentage of revenue and rights to buy stock (TSX:MOGO) in the digital financial company.It also forged a similar deal with Agility Forex Ltd.’s international payments and currency transfers services, though Postmedia did not disclose the duration of the deal, the value of the advertising space or the revenue it expects to receive.
NEW YORK, N.Y. – The Trump SoHo hotel is dropping the name it shares with the U.S. president.The Trump Organization said Wednesday that it is ending its licensing deal with the New York hotel amid reports that the property has struggled to attract business.The company owned by President Donald Trump said that it has signed a deal with the owners of the hotel and residential tower to end management of the property and the use of the Trump name. The announcement comes as the company’s other hotels and resorts around the world are showing mixed results.The tower in the hip, touristy Manhattan neighbourhood of SoHo has been the source of controversy and trouble for years.One of its original backers turned out to be a businessman convicted in a Mafia-linked stock fraud scheme. Later, Trump’s three oldest children were alleged to have defrauded buyers of condominiums in the building in a case that was settled in 2011.Last month, a New York City prosecutor who had dropped a probe sparked by the fraud suit returned a $32,000 campaign contribution from a lawyer who represented the Trump Organization in the investigation. The prosecutor said the contribution had no impact on his decision to drop the probe.There have also been signs of business trouble recently at the Trump SoHo. Its sushi restaurant closed earlier this year, and The New York Times has reported a drop in room rates at the hotel and slow sales of condos in the residential part of the building.The president’s company said it would have no comment beyond its news release announcing the move. As is the case with many Trump-branded properties, the Trump Organization doesn’t own the Trump SoHo.Other hotels and resorts bearing the Trump name appear to be struggling, while some are booming.Last month, the British government published financial statements showing losses more than doubled at his two golf clubs in Scotland last year. Business at his golf courses in Los Angeles and New York City are also down, according to reports based on government records.His opulent Washington, D.C., hotel is doing fine, though, attracting lobbyists and foreign diplomats with business in the capital.The Trump Organization described its agreement with CIM Group and other owners of the Trump SoHo as a buyout deal that will allow it to end its management and licensing agreement by the end of the year.